Winie is a network utility to put files on the web using
HTTP/1.1. The main feature of Winie is its ability to solve the
by storing ETags (like Web Commander
) . Winie use
the client side api of Jigsaw
, the W3C Web
Note: Winie needs at least jdk1.2.2 (there is a bug in
Classloader of jdk1.2.1).
- PUT, GET and DELETE files on the web
- Version conflict detection, see "The lost
- Retries when connection closed (like wget does)
- Upload all files located in a directory (recursively or
- Support for proxies (HTTP, SOCKS)
- Support for metadata configuration (language, charset)
- Benoît Mahé
Philippe Le Hégaret (Misc contributions)
Yves Lafon (Digest Authentication)
Hugo Haas (Debian Packages)
(Red Hat Package)
Marc Hadley (MacOS X Package)
Coralie Mercier (Smart logos)
Karl Dubost (Bug reports)
- Mailing list
- The email@example.com is a public mailing list for open
discussions about Winie. To subscribe to the Winie mailing list
send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"subscribe" in the subject.
- WebDAV Support
- DnD GUI? (Big problems on Windows)
Winie 1.0.10 - March 26th 2006
- New HTTP Client stack from Jigsaw
Winie 1.0.9a - November 10th 2003
- Packaging issue fixed
Winie 1.0.9 - August 1st 2003
- HTTP conformance (validators, retries)
- HTTP stack deadlock fix
Winie 1.0.8 - March 9th 2001
- Bug fix for Digest Authentication in recursive PUT
- Added basic support for Content-Language (not auto-checking)
Winie 1.0.7 - November 17th 2000
- Basic support of Digest Authentication
- Bug fixed with Base64 Encoded password.
- Preferences directory is now ".winie" instead of "winie"
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Cursor change in delete component
- Bugs Fixed
Winie 1.0.6 - August 17th 2000
- URL/File Synchronization in GUI
- New logo, a smart little beaver (thanks to Coralie)
- All known extensions are listed in Preferences
- Bugs fixed
Winie 1.0.5 - August 07th 2000
- Executable jar added in distribution
- Bug fixed: BufferredInputStream replaced by a
new FileInputStream that support mark/reset.
- Better notification & error messages
- Bug fixed in the Jigsaw Client API with proxy HTTP/1.0
and 413 replies.
- Abort feature modified, no more ugly window
- New option: "Do not upload CVS dirs"
- New buttons
- And many bugs fixed...
- Warning: The CLASSPATH may have to be updated, jar files
are no more in
Winie/classes/ but in
Winie 1.0.4 - March 29th 2000
- Bug fixed: NullPointerException when downloading in a
directory that doesn't exists.
- Save the current directory in all FileChooser.
- now you can specify another config directory (java
Winie 1.0.3 - November 30th 1999
- General Properties
- Bug fixed: XML Properties and '\'
- Bug Fixed: SOCKS configuration
- Mime Types added
Winie 1.0.2 - November 24th 1999
- Status Bar
- Mime-Type configuration (in preferences)
- Preferences stored in XML
- SOCKS Proxy support (in preferences)
- Auto Upgrade feature
- Directory Upload can be aborted
- Bugs fixed
Winie 1.0.1 - October 25th 1999
- Bugs Fixed
Winie 1.0 - October 21st 1999
- Multiple selection
- bugs fixed
- Winie 1.0b2
- Console for directory upload
- Mini Browser for help
- Winie 1.0b
- GUI added
- Download Cache options
- JWPut 1.2 (Winie 0.9)
- JWPut and JWGet handle HTTP Redirections.
- Users can add their own HTTP headers.
- New design.
- JWPut in package org.w3c.jwput
- JWPut 1.1 (Winie 0.8)
- JWGet added.
- DELETE method supported.
- Retry after connection closed.
- WPut 1.1 (Winie 0.7)
- Bug fixed release.
- ETags supported.
- WPut 1.0 (Winie 0.6)
- First release.
- Proxy supported.
- Basic Authentication.
- Recursive PUT.